UPDATE on CARS with UKRAINIAN registration in the UK

The rules for using cars with Ukrainian registration in the UK have also been changed.
If you have been granted a Ukraine Scheme visa (sponsorship, family or extension), you do not need to import, tax or register your car with Ukrainian number plates in the UK.
This applies for the first 3 years of your stay in the UK if you
- obtained a Ukraine Scheme visa (Family, Homes for Ukraine or Extension)
- obtained a Ukraine Scheme visa and changed to a Skilled Worker Visa or another work visa
- entered the UK after February 2022 and changed to a Ukraine Scheme visa
The law applies to vehicles for personal use that are registered in Ukraine:
- motorcycles
- cars weighing up to 3500 kg

You must have valid insurance to drive a car in the UK. You may also need to undergo an MOT to ensure that your car meets road safety and environmental standards.

After 3 years of residence, you will need to register your vehicle with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), obtain UK licence plates and pay tax on it.

More information is available at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/bringing-a-ukrainian-vehicle-into-the-uk-tax-and-registration https://diversityvoice.org.uk/